Fatima M. Bolyea concentrates her practice on complex commercial litigation, including shareholder, member, and partnership disputes. She represents a wide range of business and commercial clientele, handling all aspects of corporate matters, including drafting and negotiating agreements, reviewing contracts, and counseling clients on sophisticated business and employment disputes. This includes disagreements involving trade secrets, non-competition agreements, non-solicitation clauses, theft of intellectual property, and breaches of contracts and fiduciary duties.
Ms. Bolyea brings to every case the full force of her keen analytical and advocacy skills. She is an experienced litigator and trial attorney, comfortable bringing and litigating cases to verdict in state court, federal court, or arbitration. Her penetrating research and writing abilities allow her to put forth the strongest legal arguments for her clients before she ever enters the courtroom.
Ms. Bolyea contributes her time and leadership skills to serve the broader legal community. She is the current Chair (2021-2022) of the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Michigan. She previously served as the Treasurer (2018-2019), Secretary (2019-2020), and Chair-Elect of the Section, where she also serves as the Chair of the Summer Conference Committee, and member of the Legislative Committee and Amicus Committee.
Ms. Bolyea also serves on the Litigation Advisory Board and New Lawyers Advisory Board of Michigan’s Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE). Ms. Bolyea previously served on the State Court Administrative Office’s Case Evaluation Court Rules Review Committee, along with the Offer of Judgment Subcommittee, where she made recommendations to the Michigan Supreme Court and broader legal community for revisions to the Michigan Court Rules.
Ms. Bolyea was named an Up & Coming Lawyer by Michigan Lawyers Weekly in 2017. She has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Publications and Presentations
- J.D. (magna cum laude), Wayne State University Law School, 2015
- Graduated top 5% (Order of the Coif)
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Silver Key Certificate for academic excellence, 2013
- Gold Key Certificate for academic excellence, 2014
- Voting Senior Articles Editor, Wayne Law Review
- Outside Competitions Coach, Moot Court
- Brief Editor, Jessup International Moot Court
- B.A (summa cum laude), Wayne State University, 2012
- Phi Beta Kappa
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Awards and Recognitions
- “Rising Star,” Michigan Super Lawyers, 2018 – present
- Up & Coming Lawyers, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 2017