Emily Fields’ practice is focused on commercial litigation, including shareholder, member, and partnership disputes, where she represents business, commercial, and individual clients. In addition to all aspects of litigation and arbitrations, she handles a variety of corporate governance matters, including review of corporate documents, negotiation of agreements, and employment matters. She has also worked on several complex class actions. Ms. Fields brings comprehensive research, strong analytical, and cogent writing skills to each of her cases.
Ms. Fields began her legal career during law school as a law clerk at this firm and joined as an associate upon graduation. During law school, Ms. Fields had the privilege of participating in the “Wayne Law Team” which was created to allow students to participate in DeBoer v. Snyder, one of the four cases that comprised Obergefell v. Hodges, at the United States Supreme Court. Ms. Fields conducted research for the legal team that represented the Michigan plaintiffs as they prepared their briefs and arguments. Ms. Fields is proud to have been involved in this landmark case and its achievement of marriage equality.
In 2020, Ms. Fields was recognized as an Up & Coming Lawyer by Michigan Lawyers Weekly. She has also been recognized by Michigan Super Lawyers as a 2020 and 2021 Rising Star in Business Litigation. Ms. Fields has served on the governing council for the State Bar of Michigan’s Litigation Section since 2018.
Publications and Presentations
- J.D., Wayne State University Law School, 2017
- Voting Senior Articles Editor, The Wayne Law Review
- Executive Board Member, Damon J. Keith Students for Civil Rights
- Member of Law Review. Published:
- Note: “VII Divided by Four: The Four-Way Circuit Split Over the Title VII Religious Organization Exemption,” The Wayne Law Review (2017)
- Student Member, Wayne Law Team
- Student Attorney, Criminal Appellate Clinic
- B.A., Wayne State University, 2013
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Awards & Recognitions:
- Michigan Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine (2020 – present)
- Up & Coming Lawyers, Michigan Lawyers Weekly (2020)