Dr. Nasrin Oveys joined the firm as an associate attorney after receiving her law degree from Cooley Law School and being admitted to the Michigan State Bar in 2023. Before attending law school, Dr. Oveys attended Des Moines University, College of Podiatry Medicine, in Des Moines, Iowa, and received her Doctor of Podiatry Medicine. Dr. Oveys is a licensed Podiatrist in the State of Michigan and has been working for many years in Detroit metropolitan area.
Dr. Oveys received her undergraduate at the University of Missouri, during which time she was involved in multiple academic clubs, and community work. As well, she was the recipient of scholarships and other awards in recognition of her chemistry research. During medical school, Dr. Oveys was recognized for her work with the Native American Diabetic Clinic, was involved in surgical academic groups, completed research on the effect of shoe gear in the medial column of the foot, and organized a fundraising event to help awareness and educate communities in need. In her professional career, she has been involved in preschool children’s education in health, while also serving as a board member of multiple private medical insurance entities, with the intention of better serving the people in our communities. After years of working in a tri-county clinic in Michigan, and noticing the cultural differences and the health disparity in different communities, she decided to continue her education in law to be able to be more involved in reducing barriers to health care. Able to balance her busy life at work in a private office and with time spent devoted to her family, she received her Juris Doctorate beginning a new chapter in her career.
Dr. Oveys is a licensed Podiatrist in the state of Michigan and has been working for over 20 years in the Detroit metropolitan area. She is fluent in two languages and her expertise in medicine and legal education are notable. Dr. Oveys is married with two daughters and lives in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. She loves the outdoors, enjoys gardening, and is committed to serving her community.
J.D., Western Michigan University – Cooley Law School, 2019
University of Osteopathic Medicine – Iowa
- Doctor of Podiatry Medicine
- B.S., Natural Sciences
B.A., University of Missouri –Columbia, Chemistry
- Chemistry Dept. Award, Honor Research in the Analysis of Human Plasma
- Special Commendation, for Active Work in the Pre-Medical Student Society
Awards and Recognitions
- Dean’s List, in all Schools, Multiple Terms
- First Place Winner, Seventh Annual Writing Contest, by Langer Biomechanics Group
- Publication in “A Step Ahead” (previously known as Foot and Leg Function)
- Special Recognition in Clinical Rotation, Diabetic Foot Care, VA Hospital, Pennsylvania
- Volunteer, Lake Shore Estate Planning and Oakland County Pro Bono Bankruptcy Clinic
- Guest Lecturer, Great Lakes Conferences for MPMAA
- Certificate of Involvement and Appreciation, 2nd Annual Diabetic Foot Screening, and MPMA
- On Medical Board and Emergency Care for Marathon Runners in Detroit
- Certificate re HIPAA and E-Medicine, by Raymond & Prokop, PC
- Certificate of Commitment to Profession, by APMPA
- Volunteer, Painting the City, by Michigan Health System
- Active Role in the Medical Educational part of Health-O-Rama, Sponsored by Pine Ridges Retirement System, Michigan (2005 – 2019)