Kathryn Eisenstein is a licensed CPA, and thus a member of an elite group of attorneys having two professional degrees to better represent clients in sophisticated business disputes. Ms. Eisenstein has carefully carved out a career in accounting, tax, and business litigation.
Ms. Eisenstein graduated third in her class at University of Detroit Mercy School of Law. She obtained her Master of Science in Taxation with distinction from Walsh College. These professional skills allow Ms. Eisenstein to combine legal analysis with high standards of corporate accounting. By this, she has been instrumental in achieving excellent results for her clients. Her cases include pension management; secured transactions involving complex financing arrangements; and sophisticated business transactions involving complicated financial and accounting principles.
Ms. Eisenstein’s perspective is that “necessity never made a good bargain.” Ms. Eisenstein drives negotiations by maximizing financial principles to achieve excellent legal results for her clients. Ms. Eisenstein’s husband and children provide her with the balance necessary to sustain her in the administration of highly skilled representation to her clients.
- J.D. (magna cum laude), University of Detroit Mercy
- Graduated Third in Class
- Summer Associate, Deloitte & Touche, LLP, in Employee Benefits Department
- Summer Associate, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn, LLP, in Tax Department
- Member of Law Review. Published:
- Case Digest: MacDonald v. PKT, Inc., 80 Det. Mercy L. Rev. 275 (2003)
- Note: Equal Opportunity for All…Or at Least Until The Budget Runs Out!, EEOC v. Waffle House, 80 Det. Mercy L. Rev. 411 (2003)
- M.Sc. (with distinction), Walsh College, Taxation
- B.A., University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, Economics and Accounting
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Awards and Recognitions
- Leading Lawyer (2020 – present)
- Michigan Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine (2020 – present)
- Certified Public Accountant, Michigan