Kathryn Eisenstein is a licensed CPA, and thus a member of an elite group of attorneys having two professional degrees to better represent clients in sophisticated business disputes. Ms. Eisenstein has carefully carved out a career in accounting, tax, and business litigation.
Ms. Eisenstein graduated third in her class at University of Detroit Mercy School of Law. She obtained her Master of Science in Taxation with distinction from Walsh College. Ms. Eisenstein’s professional skills allow her to combine legal analysis with high standards of corporate accounting. Her skills have been instrumental in achieving excellent results for her clients. Her cases include pension management; secured transactions involving complex financing arrangements; and sophisticated business transactions involving complicated financial and accounting principles.
Ms. Eisenstein’s perspective is that “Necessity never made a good bargain.” Ms. Eisenstein drives a hard bargain during negotiations by maximizing financial principles to achieve excellent legal results for her clients. Ms. Eisenstein is committed to her husband and children, even as she continues to provide highly skilled representation to her clients.
- J.D., University of Detroit Mercy, Magna Cum Laude
- Graduated #3 in Her Class
- Summer Associate, Deloitte & Touche, LLP in Employee Benefits Department
- Summer Associate, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn, LLP in the Tax Department
- Member of Law Review; Published a Case Digest: Macdonald v. Pkt, Inc., 80 Det. Mercy L. Rev. 275 (2003) and a Note: Equal Opportunity for All…Or at Least Until The Budget Runs Out! EEOC v. Waffle House, 80 Det. Mercy L. Rev. 411 (2003)
- M.Sc. in Taxation (with distinction), Walsh College
- B.A. (Economics and Accounting), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Awards and Recognitions
- “Leading Lawyer,” 2020 – present
- “Super Lawyer,” Michigan Super Lawyers, 2020- present
- Certified Public Accountant, Michigan