Paul J. Tahan is a trial attorney who concentrates his practice in the areas of business litigation, intellectual property litigation, and class actions. Over the course of his career, Mr. Tahan has tried complex cases in state and federal courts and, through verdicts and settlements, has recovered more than a hundred million dollars on behalf of his clients.
After starting his career at a boutique litigation firm located in St. Louis, Missouri, Mr. Tahan joined Mantese Honigman, PC’s St. Louis office in 2023. He is licensed to practice in Missouri and Illinois, and is admitted in a number of federal courts. Mr. Tahan was recognized in the 2023 and 2024 Editions of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, for his work in the areas of Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions.
Mr. Tahan graduated magna cum laude from Rockhurst University, with a degree in accounting. He double majored in accounting and English. Mr. Tahan then graduated cum laude from Saint Louis University School of Law, which he attended on a full tuition scholarship.
While in law school, Mr. Tahan was hand-selected by the dean to act as a teaching fellow for a former United States Ambassador. Thereafter, he acted as teaching fellow for the dean. Mr. Tahan was also an editor on the Saint Louis University Law Journal and a teaching assistant for Legal Research and Writing.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Tahan is an Adjunct Professor at Saint Louis University School of Law, where he helps coach the trial team.
Mr. Tahan lives in St. Louis with his fiancée and their golden doodle.
- J.D. (cum laude), Saint Louis University School of Law, 2020
- B.A. (magna cum laude), Rockhurst University, 2017
- State Bar of Illinois
- State Bar of Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, in the areas of Mass Tort and Class Actions – Plaintiffs (2024)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, in the areas of Mass Tort and Class Actions – Plaintiffs (2023)
- Best IP Attorneys, St. Louis Small Business Monthly (2022)