Theresamarie Mantese concentrates her practice on health care and business litigation. Ms. Mantese has been at the forefront of evolving health care policy and legal issues. Her clients include licensed health care professionals, physicians, and health care and business entities.
Ms. Mantese began the practice of law in 1980 in St. Louis, Missouri. During her practice there, she was a partner in a prestigious St. Louis firm in which she was lead or co-lead counsel in several federal and state court trials involving contracts, construction law, real estate and product liability. In 1995, Ms. Mantese relocated to Michigan and co-founded a respected health care law firm representing physicians and other health care professionals in licensing, credentialing and non-compete disputes, and health care transactions.
Ms. Mantese regularly speaks to heath care associations and she is a frequent author on health law topics, which appear in compliance journals, legal magazines, and academic journals. Ms. Mantese also participates in programs designed to enable the public to understand legal principles. She has been a participant in the SBM Law-Related Education and Public Outreach Committee, including sponsoring students with law day projects; initiating and editing the Trial Practice Column of Michigan Bar Journal; and being a Member of the Exam Writing Committee for the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. She believes that her contributions are important to the public’s understanding of the law. For Ms. Mantese, “Knowledge is power,” and such knowledge of the law is a discipline that should be generously shared with society whenever possible.
Publications and Presentations
- J.D., St. Louis University School of Law, 1980
- Dean’s List – four consecutive years
- University Scholarship – four consecutive years (full academic scholarship)
- B.A., (Dean’s List) University of Missouri — St. Louis, 1977
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
Awards and Recognitions
- “Super Lawyer,” Michigan Super Lawyers, 2020 – present
- 2020 Leading Women in Michigan Law – Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- 2020 Top 100 Leading Women Lawyers in Michigan – Leading Lawyers Magazine
- 2018 Best Lawyers in America – Health Care Law
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating, 5.0 AV® Preeminent™ (highest rating for legal ability and ethics)
- 2016 Best Lawyers in America – Health Care Law
- 2013 Economic Excellence Award, from Saginaw Future Inc.
- 2011 Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- 2011 Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- 21st Century Innovators, 2009